What We Believe
We believe that the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is God's Word, that it is verbally inspired by God, and without error in the original writings; and that it is the one supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- II Timothy 3:16,17; II Peter 1:19-21; I Peter 1:25.
We believe in one God, perfect in holiness, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Acts 5:3-4; Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal and only begotten Son of God, that He was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, that He was sinless in His life, and is true God and true man.
- Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 18; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 7:26; I John 5:20.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, of judgment to come, and who regenerates, sanctifies, and comforts the believer. We believe that the Holy Spirit immediately takes up His permanent residence within the believer at the moment of salvation. We believe the Holy Spirit's office was not to glorify Himself, but to glorify Christ Jesus.
- John 3:5-8; 14:16-18, 26; 16:7-14.
We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ arose bodily from the grave, ascended bodily and visibly into Heaven, and is bodily present there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- Acts 1:9-11; I Corinthians 15:1-4, 20-25; Hebrews 7:25.
Nature of Man
We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are now sinners by birth and by choice, positively inclined to evil, and therefore under just condemnation to eternal ruin, in a literal Hell, without defense or excuse.
- Genesis 1:26-27; 2:17; Romans 5:12-21; Psalm 58:3; I Corinthians 2:14; Romans 1:20; Revelation 20:14,15.
We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him and receive Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood, the once-for-all sacrifice for sin.
- John 1:12; Romans 5:8,9; I Corinthians 15:1-4; II Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 9:12; 10:10; I Peter 1:18-19; 2:24.
Justification by Faith
We believe that all who accept by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and are thereby children of God, and are eternally saved.
- John 1:12; 3:3-6; Galatians 3:24-26; I John 5:13.
Download Our Full Doctrinal Statement